dennisolano

Document Fields Property is not returned as part of the Document

0 votes
I tried this one on SDK 10.10.1.0, and tried various different ways to see if it will return the Field properties and it failed to return. My PDF contains only 2 fields that I'm populating using Field Injection. Please see attached screenshot.

Approved Answer

Reply to: Document Fields Property is not returned as part of the Document

0 votes
I tried this with the Java SDK, as well. Though the function "getInjectedFields()" appears, it also returns 0. I am going to look into the source on this to see if it's just a stub for future development. I pulled the package using REST and do not see the injected fields, anywhere. This appears to be something that just modifies the actual document, for now, and is not stored as part of the package. However, if you download the document, the injected field is still there, so you could likely use itextsharp to get the injected values from the document, directly. Another thing you could possibly do to be able to access these values from eSL would be to also pass the values as "attributes" to the package along with creating the injected fields.

- Michael

Director, Partner and Developer Technologies, OneSpan

Facebook - Twitter - LinkedIn

0 votes
Yep. This is exactly where I got stuck, yesterday, working on your other post. I've asked a question to someone in product management. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back. This may be a bug. In the meantime (this afternoon), I will look at using the REST API to access the values, instead.

- Michael

Director, Partner and Developer Technologies, OneSpan

Facebook - Twitter - LinkedIn

0 votes
Thanks Michael, yup I will try the itextsharp, and the attribute also is a good approached.

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off