rajiv-nagpures…

SignDocuments method Failing

0 votes
Customer: I am doing some testing with the SignDocuments method on the EslClient. I have noticed that SignDocuments fails and returns a 500 server response if I first sign as the signer, and then try to use the SignDocuments method for that signer. Is there any workaround to this for now? I am using .NET SDK Version 11 thank you!

Reply to: SignDocuments method Failing

0 votes
Here is the code snippet customer provided: This is all we are doing. public void SignDocuments(string packageId, string signerId) { var pid = new PackageId(packageId); _client.SignDocuments(pid, signerId); }

0 votes
Hey Rajiv, From the testing that I did on this when it was first released to Sandbox a few weeks ago, you can only sign on behalf of the user with the API key you're using to connect to eSignLive. So, if you're using your API key (as the account owner), you'd only be able to sign all signatures in a package that are assigned to you. If you have a sender on your account that has documents within a package to sign, you would need the API key for the sender account to sign this document. Signing on behalf of someone not associated with your API key(s) is not allowed; presumably for security purposes. In the above example from the customer, I would guess the signerId they're trying to sign on behalf of is not the signer associated with the API Key they're using. Did they send the entire error returned by eSignLive? I will double check on this and let you know.

- Michael

Director, Partner and Developer Technologies, OneSpan

Facebook - Twitter - LinkedIn

0 votes
thank you for the details, Michael! I shall wait for your further updates. - Rajiv

0 votes
Hello, I'm having an issue where I use Click to Apply. Then after I do that, I try to use the Sign All for that same user, and it fails. If I don't do a Click to Apply first and do the Sign All by itself it works fine.

0 votes
Hey Jason, Are you meaning that you click to sign once and then try to do "sign all" for the rest of the signatures in a transaction and it fails? Could you explain a bit more? Rajiv, I'm looking at your portion of the post, right now.

- Michael

0 votes
Nvm, Jason. I just talked to Rajiv and he said he had posted on your behalf, so these are related. I am looking into this, as we speak. I'll let you know, as soon as I can.

- Michael

0 votes
Okay. So, a little digging by Rajiv found that the SDK was accidentally released, prematurely, on a 3rd party site. We are currently unable to support this via the .NET SDK as it's not technically available (I don't even have a copy). :) I can however help with it using the REST API, if needed. Let me know.

- Michael

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off