Chris_Aub

Creating reminders through Apex SDK

0 votes
Hello, I have been searching in the SDK code for a while and I am unable to find how reminders are created for a package. There are ways through other SDKs as well as the REST API and the Salesforce connector. Am I missing something ? Thanks

Reply to: Creating reminders through Apex SDK

0 votes
I do not see any ReminderService functionality in the SDK either. Let me look into this and let you know what I find.

- Michael

Director, Partner and Developer Technologies, OneSpan

Facebook - Twitter - LinkedIn

0 votes
BTW, even if it's not there, you can always use the REST API to use any missing features, til they're there. :) I will let you know when I hear more on the availability of this.

- Michael

0 votes
Hi, Unfortunately making a separate call through the REST API will have a large impact on our code, since we are preparing the package, document and activating it all in one call. The Reminder's REST API documentation mentions they cannot be created once the package is Sent, so we would need to modify quite a bit of our logic to make it work. Is there a way to have the request create the reminders at the same time as the package ? I could not find any example of this, and the documentation seems show that it isn't possible. For now we might have to live without the feature since our timeline is very short. For future consideration it would be nice to have it available in the same API call as the package creation (assuming it is not currently possible), or even to have some sort of default setting on the sandbox itself. Thanks for looking into this

0 votes
Yeah. Without changing the package back to DRAFT status or simply creating it in DRAFT status to start with and using REST to set expiry date, then send the package, you won't be able to do this. You might raise this as an issue on the GitHub project since there doesn't seem to be a way to set it at this time: https://github.com/KadenceCollective/esignlive-apex-sdk/issues I'll let you know if I find anything else out on this, like a setting we're not seeing.

- Michael

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off