asador

Applying layouts

0 votes
Hello, I am trying to apply a layout that is created with PlaceHolder for signers. In my package I add my real signers with email and would like to map each real signer to a placeholder in the layout. What is the best way to do this? LayoutService.applyLayout doesn't accept any parameter to define the mapping between real signers and placeholders. So, this is what I did but didn't work as expected... In my package creation I used the following code to set the signer's id as the placeholder id as below:

DocumentPackage samplePackage = PackageBuilder.newPackageNamed("Sample Package ")
        .describedAs("This is a sample package")
        .withSigner(SignerBuilder.newSignerWithEmail(SIGNER1_EMAIL)
            .withFirstName("John")
            .withLastName("Smith")
            .replacing(new Placeholder(ROLE1)))
        .withDocument(DocumentBuilder.newDocumentWithName("Sample Document")
            .withId("documentId1")
            .fromStream(doc, DocumentType.WORD)

PackageId packageId = eslClient.createPackage(samplePackage);
    eslClient.getLayoutService().applyLayout(packageId, "documentId1", layoutId);
    eslClient.sendPackage(packageId);

It looks fine up to the point that the signer is going to sign the document. At that point it shows an error message that it could not confirm the signature. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Please see the screenshot attached. Thanks,

Attachments

Reply to: Applying layouts

0 votes
Hey asador, Sorry for the delay. Haris or I will check this out, in the morning, if nobody else responds, first.

- Michael

Director, Partner and Developer Technologies, OneSpan

Facebook - Twitter - LinkedIn

0 votes
Hey asador, This is a known issue where layouts applied through the SDKs get an unexpected error when confirming signatures. This issue will be fixed in the next release (11.0.2). Though I don't have an exact release date for it. I will post back here when 11.0.2 will be released. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Haris Haidary OneSpan Technical Consultant

0 votes
Hi Haris, Any update on 11.0.2 release schedule? Thanks,

0 votes
11.0.2 has been released. You are on esignlive.com, correct? Not the older e-signlive.com instance?

- Michael

0 votes
Great. Yes, we are on esignlive.com. I'll give it a try today. Thanks,

0 votes
Sounds good. Let me know if you run into issues.

- Michael

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off