asador

Hiding package owner in the signers dropdown in designer view

0 votes
Hi, How can we hide the package owner in the drop down list of signers in the designer view (when the owner is not a signer)? Thanks,

Reply to: Hiding package owner in the signers dropdown in designer view

0 votes
Hey asador, Take a look at this guide: https://developer.esignlive.com/guides/feature-guides/signing-ceremony-customization/ You'll notice there is a setting for the owner being in the drop down or not. If you never want this in there, you can probably have the default changed by contacting [email protected].

- Michael

Director, Partner and Developer Technologies, OneSpan

Facebook - Twitter - LinkedIn

0 votes
Hi Michael, The document you pointed out is for removing the owner from dropdown in signing ceremony. We would like to remove it in "Designer" view. Do we need to contact support for that? Thanks,

0 votes
My mistake. I misread your original post. Let me see if that's something we can do and get back to you. I'm assuming you're on the old UI (e-signlive.com)? In the new UI (esignlive.com), the package owner is not in the package by default (see attached image). I will let you know what I find on the old UI.

- Michael

Attachments

0 votes
I talked with support. There is no setting for them to be able to disable this for the old UI in the designer from back office. I attempted to create the package with the SDK and remove the owner as a signer. I got no exception, but from the designer, the owner was still there. It would appear that this is not possible. If you're not yet in production and could migrate to the new sandbox, you will be able to avoid the package owner as an available signer unless specifically added to the transaction. If I find anything else on this matter, I will let you know.

- Michael

0 votes
We are on esinglive.com (new UI), but I see the owner in the signers list. Here is my code. Please let me know what is wrong.
DocumentPackage samplePackage = PackageBuilder.newPackageNamed("Sample Package")
        .describedAs("This is a sample package")
        .withSigner(SignerBuilder.newSignerWithEmail(SIGNER1_EMAIL)
            .withFirstName("John")
            .withLastName("Smith")
            .withCustomId(signerId1)
        .withSigner(SignerBuilder.newSignerWithEmail(SIGNER2_EMAIL)
            .withFirstName("Ron")
            .withLastName("Stevens")
            .withCustomId(signerId2))
        .withSettings(DocumentPackageSettingsBuilder.newDocumentPackageSettings()
            .withInPerson())
        .withDocument(DocumentBuilder.newDocumentWithName("Sample Document")
            .withId("documentId1")
            .fromStream(doc, DocumentType.WORD))
        .build();

PackageId packageId = eslClient.createPackage(samplePackage);
    System.out.println("Package created: " + packageId.getId());

String senderAuthenticationToken = eslClient.getAuthenticationTokensService().createSenderAuthenticationToken(packageId.getId());
    String generatedLinkToDesignerForSender = authenticationClient.buildRedirectToDesignerForSender(senderAuthenticationToken, packageId.getId());
    System.out.println("Designer URL: " + generatedLinkToDesignerForSender);
And here is the code to open the designer for a layout
    DocumentPackage samplePackage = PackageBuilder.newPackageNamed("Sample Layout - "+Calendar.getInstance().getTimeInMillis())
        .describedAs("This is a sample package")
        .withSigner(SignerBuilder.newSignerPlaceholder(new Placeholder(ROLE1)))
        .withSigner(SignerBuilder.newSignerPlaceholder(new Placeholder(ROLE2)))
        .withDocument(DocumentBuilder.newDocumentWithName("Sample Document")
            .withId("documentId1")
            .fromStream(doc, DocumentType.WORD))
        .build();

PackageId packageId = eslClient.createPackage(samplePackage);
    samplePackage.setId(packageId);
    System.out.println("Package created: " + packageId.getId());

String layoutId = eslClient.getLayoutService().createLayout(samplePackage);
    System.out.println("Layout created: " + layoutId);

String senderAuthenticationToken = eslClient.getAuthenticationTokensService().createSenderAuthenticationToken(layoutId);
    String generatedLinkToDesignerForSender = authenticationClient.buildRedirectToDesignerForSender(senderAuthenticationToken, layoutId);
    System.out.println("Designer URL: " + generatedLinkToDesignerForSender);
When I open the designer URL printed above the owner is in the list. See the screenshots attached. The first one in the list is my name which is the owner. Thanks,

Attachments

0 votes
Hi Michael, Did you find anything in our code that causes showing the owner in the list? Thanks,

0 votes
Any update here?

1 votes
FYI, for other developers who might be interested: After having our account rep disabled "rolePickerSender" flag in our designer profile, the owner is removed from the list.

0 votes
Thanks for following up on your own question. This should save me some time.

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off