stuladhar

Attach a Template in the webform

0 votes
How can we attach an existing Template of e-SignLive into our web forms without having to create and send a package using .NET SDK. Suppose we already have the template ready in e-SignLive. How can we use that template in our web site so that user can open the template and signs the document. Is there any way to get the url for the existing Template of e-SignLive? -Sumit

Reply to: Attach a Template in the webform

0 votes
A package must be created for a particular signer. So, when you use templates, you can create a package from that template, your signer info would replace the placeholder you put in the template and then the signers notified. If you embed in your application/portal, you would simply collect their information necessary, create and send the package, and then get a session url opened in an iframe. Hope this answers your questions.

- Michael

Director, Partner and Developer Technologies, OneSpan

Facebook - Twitter - LinkedIn

0 votes
Thank you Michael for the response. Do you have any sample code for illustrating the things you have described to me. Thanks, Sumit

0 votes
Let me take a look if there is a specific example for that. If not, I can create one, real quick.

- Michael

0 votes
Hey Sumit, This code share will show how to create a package from a template. So, all you'd need to do is use your web form to gather the necessary information for the signers (and whatever else you're wanting to get from them) and use that information to help build your package from your template. https://developer.esignlive.com/code-share/create-package-template-replacing-placeholders-net-sdk/ Let me know if you still have questions after looking at this. :)

- Michael

0 votes
Thanks william for your reply. But that sample code did not meet my requirement. My requirement is to create a package from existing Template that is already in sandbox rather than creating the template from the code behind. DocumentPackage template = PackageBuilder.NewPackageNamed(TEMPLATE_NAME) .DescribedAs(TEMPLATE_DESCRIPTION) .WithEmailMessage(TEMPLATE_EMAIL_MESSAGE) .WithSigner(SignerBuilder.NewSignerWithEmail(email1) .WithFirstName(TEMPLATE_SIGNER_FIRST) .WithLastName(TEMPLATE_SIGNER_LAST)) .WithSigner(SignerBuilder.NewSignerPlaceholder(new Placeholder(PLACEHOLDER_ID))) .WithDocument(DocumentBuilder.NewDocumentNamed(DOCUMENT_NAME) .WithId(DOCUMENT_ID) .FromStream(fileStream1, DocumentType.PDF) .WithSignature(SignatureBuilder.SignatureFor(email1) .OnPage(0) .AtPosition(100, 100)) .WithSignature(SignatureBuilder.SignatureFor(new Placeholder(PLACEHOLDER_ID)) .OnPage(0) .AtPosition(400, 100))) .Build(); templateId = eslClient.CreateTemplate(template); I do not require to create the template from the code behind. I would like to reuse the existing template in the sanbox which is already created manually. I hope you get my problem now. Can you please tell me is it possible using one of your .NET SDK's. Thanks, Sumit

0 votes
This code does show what you need to do to create a package from a template. It just so happens to also show how to create a template. If you just ignore the first part and use the templateId (packageId) from the template you already created, you just need to follow the second half of the example showing how to use the template to create a package. Let me know if this explanation doesn't help!

- Michael

0 votes
Here is the scenario, I have a existing template that is created in eSignLive sandbox account. Is there any way that we can get the PackageID for that particular Template “Template2Test”. If yes, how could we achieve this using .NET SDK. Thanks, Sumit

Attachments

0 votes
You can definitely find the ID by using the SDK. However, it might be easiest to just look in the UI for it. If you navigate to your template, you'll have a URL like:
https://sandbox.esignlive.com/a/template/X39lbEATgVzXSQQVNO4towrEqzQ=
"X39lbEATgVzXSQQVNO4towrEqzQ=" is the templateId that you'd use.

- Michael

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off