mbilensky

Removing a Signer after they Decline/Opt-Out

0 votes
Hello, We're looking for a way for a signer to be able to Decline or Opt-Out from signing, but will still let us complete the package and persist the evidence summary. Our current plan is to remove any of the documents that need the rejecting signers signature from the package as well as removing the signer, and then to resend the package so the other signers can continue and complete the signing ceremony. We're having some issues with this approach when attempting to remove documents that have been signed by other signers from a rejected/opted-out package and are just getting errors. Is this at all possible through the SDK or the UI? If not, is there a such a way to remove a rejecting signer from a signing ceremony in a way that will allow unaffected documents to be completed, without having to create a new package? Thanks in advance, Mitch

Approved Answer

Reply to: Removing a Signer after they Decline/Opt-Out

2 votes
Nope. Delete and Opt-Out pretty much do the same thing. This has been reported to our engineering folks to go on the list of items to fix. Unfortunately, for the time being, it appears you'd have to just create a new package when someone declines or opts out.

- Michael

Director, Partner and Developer Technologies, OneSpan

Facebook - Twitter - LinkedIn

1 votes
To pull documents and signers from a package, you'll first need to put the "SENT" package back into "DRAFT" status. Once you've done this, you can remove signers and documents and add new signers and documents. You cannot, however, modify a document in the package that has been partially signed already. Take a look at this guide for changing the status to draft. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

- Michael

0 votes
Thanks! I knew it had to be in draft mode, but was unsure about altering the partially signed documents. Is there a supported way to complete a package after one of the signers has Declined or Opted-Out of a partially signed package? Or will the package always remain Declined/Opted-Out? Thanks again, Mitch

0 votes
I guess it does get sent to a "DRAFT" status once they decline or opt-out and the package lands back in the DRAFTS folder in eSignLive. What you have to do from there is modify the package in the way necessary to send it out again. If this person is declining something in the document, you might want to change it and send it to them again. If not, you'll need to remove the documents they signed on, remove them from the package, and then re-add any documents that need to be added back and send it out for signature again. Everyone that needs to sign will be notified. I have not done much testing around this, myself, but I'd be glad to put together a simple test for you, if you'd like. Let me know!

- Michael

0 votes
Thanks! We are attempting to remove the documents they signed on and then remove them from the package, but for us it's possible for other signers to have signed those documents first, so we're unable to remove those documents from the package since, as you mentioned, we're unable to modify a document in the package that has been partially signed already. I'm not sure if I'm missing something here, but a simple test would be very helpful! Thanks, Mitch

1 votes
I think you should be able to remove a document that has been partially signed, but I will set up a test to check this out and see what you're running into. Are you getting any specific error message back?

- Michael

1 votes
Did a quick test with the UI (new sandbox and old sandbox). The new sandbox was having an issue removing a document. This did not happen in the old sandbox. I will check to see if this is a known issue. The process SHOULD be that you must remove ALL documents that a signer you're wanting to remove had to approve or sign BEFORE you can remove the signer; even if they never approved or signed any of them. As I wait to hear if this is a known issue with the new sandbox, I will test using the Java SDK to see if I get a different result. However, based on what you're telling me and what I saw with the UI, I'm guessing there might be an issue. I will let you know.

- Michael

0 votes
Hey Michael, Has there been any update to this regarding if this is a known issue or not, or if you received the same result using the Java SDK? Thanks, -Mitch

0 votes
Hey Mitch, Sorry for the delay. I spoke with support, two Fridays ago when we discussed this, but I was unavailable much of last week and wasn't able to get this followed up on. I'm looking into it, right now.

- Michael

1 votes
Well, I didn't get any errors deleting the document. However, the document package will no longer open in the UI. What error were you getting when deleting a document?

- Michael

1 votes
Had an error in my code that caused the last problem. Fixed it and now I'm just getting an error that I cannot remove the document and that our technical staff has been notified. This doesn't happen with a package that was not "opted out". I have reported this to support. They will file this with R&D and see what they say.

- Michael

0 votes
Hey Michael, Thanks for the follow up. I have been testing this with declined packages instead of opt-out, not sure if the makes a difference, but I seems to be getting the same error as you stating that the document could not be deleted from the package: com.silanis.esl.sdk.internal.EslServerException: Could not delete document from package. Exception: HTTP DELETE on URI https://sandbox.esignlive.com/api/packages/mHXZnIgF1KEI-3Ps-FtRCEBaX6k=/documents/cc9566e052f8dbb9 resulted in response with status code: [500, Internal Server Error]. Optional details: {"messageKey":"error.internal.default","technical":"[#485420ca-8bb3-438a-963c-ccc50708f213]","code":500,"message":"Unexpected Error. Our technical staff have been notified and will look into the problem. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.","name":"Unhandled Server Error"} Thanks for all the help! -Mitch

2 votes
This should be resolved, now. Please let me know.

- Michael

0 votes
Great! I've yet to have the chance to test this through the SDK, but everything is now working as expected through the UI

0 votes
If I have more than 1 signers and one of them have opt-out. How would DR come to know which one has opt-out? I know there is API to get Opt-out messag?es, but to remove the signer from the package I need to know which one it should be. Can you please provide link to such API?

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off