detroyer

Signer Token Request

0 votes
When requesting a signer session token via REST API, we pass the packageId and signerId. How does the signerId: [email protected] match up with the json package? Looks like it goes off what is specified in the roles:signers:email section? string jsonString = "{\"packageId\": \"" + package.PackageId + "\",\"signerId\":\"[email protected]"}"; StringContent jsonContent = new StringContent(jsonString, Encoding.UTF8, "application/json"); var response = httpClient.PostAsync(new Uri(apiUrl) + "/signerAuthenticationTokens/", jsonContent).Result;

Reply to: Signer Token Request

0 votes
You wouldn't pass the signer's email, here. I don't think that will work. It should be the signer's actual ID field, not the email. You might take a look at this guide: https://developer.esignlive.com/guides/feature-guides/signer-session/#rest-api

- Michael

Director, Partner and Developer Technologies, OneSpan

Facebook - Twitter - LinkedIn

0 votes
Okay. I took the example json package used in this, see attached. The "Signer1" id is a little confusing as it is specified as a role and signer. A typo mistake? I take it is resolves to the "Signer1" in the signer object to generate session token. If there were another signer object specified, the id would be "Signer2" and passed in the url to obtain session token for that. But what effect does the "Signer1" id for role have on "Signer2" signer? Thanks!

Attachments

0 votes
The RoleId in this case is inconsequential. The RoleId and SignerId can have the same value. I just tried and the signer's actual id value or their email address can be used as the "signerId" to pass through the JSON payload. So, in a case like:
"roles": [
     {
          "id": "Role1id",
          "signers": [
               {
                    "id": "Signer1Id",
                    "email": "Signer1email"
               }
          ]
     },
     {
           "id": "Role2id",
          "signers": [
               {
                    "id": "Signer2Id",
                    "email": "Signer2email"   
               }            
          ]
     }
]
You could get a token for signer 1 with Signer1Id or Signer1email. For signer 2, you'd use either Signer2Id or Signer2email. Hope this helps. Sorry for the confusion on not using the email address.

- Michael

Director, Partner and Developer Technologies, OneSpan

Facebook - Twitter - LinkedIn

0 votes
Thank you. That helps. Next question, the Signers[] object can contain multiple signers. In your example above, you created two separate Signers[] object each having their own role. Either method will work? All signers in one Signers[] object or a separate signer for each Signers[] object?

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off