Starting with the 11.42 release of OneSpan Sign, the Classic User Experience is no longer supported for SaaS customers. This section is thus only intended for on-premises customers who have not yet migrated to our Container deployment.
Sometimes it's convenient to share requests for signatures among the members of a group. For example, it might be convenient to treat the pharmacists in a particular pharmacy as a group, so that any available member of the group can sign the paperwork for a patient's prescriptions.
In OneSpan Sign, a Signer Group is a set of OneSpan Sign users who can act as a single signer from the perspective of a transaction's creator. Users who can become group members must already be members of the associated OneSpan Sign account.
OneSpan Sign group members receive an email invitation to sign a transaction. Among those members, signing is on a "First Come, First Serve" basis. When one member is signing, all other members are locked out.
Any member who signs does so on behalf of the group, but their name will be stamped on the documents they sign. Anyone verifying a document through the Audit Trail will see the individual member's signature information and identity.
All group members can monitor the progress of the group's transactions, which helps to ensure that those transactions are completed on time.
Only the sender of a document package can manually delete it from their personal OneSpan Sign inbox. When they do so, the package is automatically deleted from the inbox of every other group member.
The rest of this section discusses:
- Creating Groups
- Adding Members to a Group
- Adding Groups to a Package
- Adding Group Signatures to Documents
Account administrators can create, view, modify, and delete groups. The administrator can specify a group's name, its members, and its email address. The admin can also delegate to one group member certain membership-management tasks (e.g., the ability to add members).
To create a group:
- On the OneSpan Sign menu, click the Groups tab.
- Click Create Group. A new window appears.
- Specify a Group name.
- If you want the group's invitation email to be sent to a single collective address, specify a single Group email address.
- If you want the group's invitation email to be sent to each member's individual email address: (a) add their email addresses as a comma-separated list to the Group email field; (b) select the box Send emails to the members of this group.
- Click Save.
- To become a member of a group, a user must be registered under the relevant account.
If a proposed member does not have a OneSpan Sign account, they will receive an Account Registration invitation. New members will not be able to sign until they've finished registering.
To add a user to a group:
- After the group has been created, click the name of the group.
- Enter the email address of the user you want to add.
- Click Add as Member.
- The following procedure's package and group have been created.
To add a Signer Group to a package:
- From the Designer, click Add Signer. The Add Signer dialog box appears.
- From the Signer Type drop-down list, select A Group defined in my account.
- Select the Group you want to add.
- Click Save.
To add a group's Signature Boxes to a document:
- Using the Designer, insert the group's Signature Boxes in the document just as you would for an individual signer. Any group member will be able to sign those boxes on behalf of the group.