DustinEhle

Signature Tags Misplaced using X/Y coordinates on Document

0 votes
Hi, I am currently running into an issue with utilizing X/Y coordinates to position signature tags for documents in eSignLive. In our system, we have our document creation source generate annotations on the PDF near the signature location which we then use iText to extract the X/Y coordinates from. We are currently in the process of upgrading from Silanis e-SEP on-prem to the eSignLive. These X/Y coordinates matched up with our signature lines in e-SEP on-prem, but they are inconsistently either above or below the signature line in eSignLive. Is there any document scaling difference between Silanis e-SEP on-prem and eSignLive? Is there anyway you would suggest getting the appropriate signature locations? Unfortunately, we are constrained to using iText and X/Y coordinates, so we can't use anchor text. The only solution I've been able to think of is creating X/Y offset values for each form, but this would be a laborious task and probably a last resort fix.

Reply to: Signature Tags Misplaced using X/Y coordinates on Document

0 votes
Hey , The default scaling factor on eSignLive cloud is 1.3. Can you verify that you have the same scaling factor on your e-SEP?
Haris Haidary OneSpan Technical Consultant

0 votes
Yeah, looks like the scale factor is the same. The e-SEP admin console has the PDF scale factor set to 1.3. However, in the createTransaction request we make, we set the resolution on the render object to 200. Could this be making a difference?

0 votes
Also, I actually noticed we have the scale factor set to 1.33333 in the e-SEP admin console. I assumed you were just rounding when you said eSignLive's scale factor was 1.3, but if not then perhaps the 4 extra decimal places are making a difference?

0 votes
Oh. Yes the default scaling factor is exactly 1.3 and not 1.33333.... Those few extra decimals will affect the positioning. Also, I did some testing on my end and it doesn't seem like the render resolution object affects the x-y coordinates. Let me know if changing the scaling factor works for you.

0 votes
Where are we able to make this change for eSignLive? I did not see an option in the admin GUI. Would it be in the API?

0 votes
My mistake. To change it in your eSignLive account you will have to contact support: [email protected]

0 votes
I had eSignLive support update the scale factor to be 1.33333 and it still seems like the tags are misplaced :( Do you have any other ideas as to what might be causing this?

0 votes
I verified with support and the scaling factor in your eSignLive sandbox account was still 1.3. Maybe the setting didn't save properly. The scaling factor is now "1.33333". Can you give it another go and let me know please :)

0 votes
Unfortunately the tags still seem to be misplaced :( The API Key I am using is ***** Is that the account that had the scale factor changed?

0 votes
It's impossible to tell from the api key. What's your email address linked to your eSignLive account? I also took the liberty to edit your previous reply to hide your api key for security purposes.

0 votes
The email is [email protected] and this is associated with the Silanis sandbox https://sandbox.e-signlive.com/ And thanks on the API Key :)

0 votes
No problem. Unfortunately, at this point I think it would be best if you send an email to support and our enterprise folks will help you out as we definitely need more information on your on-prem setup.

1 votes
Actually, I just found the solution! I just multiplied our X/Y coordinate values by the 1.33333 scale factor and everything lines up now! Thanks for your help!

0 votes
Good to hear :)

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off