ddosi

Specifying Signer of Document

0 votes
Hello, I'm currently using the REST API to upload a package. The package has 2 signers and 3 documents. First Document (Requires only Primary Signature) Second Document (Requires only Joint Signature) Third Document (Requires both signatures) Is there a way to specify which document is required to be signed by which signer? My problem is that my documents have placeholders for multiple signatures. There may be times when the first document needs to be signed by both Primary and Joint. Currently, if I have 2 signers in a package, they will be prompted to sign all documents where there is a primary and secondary signature required. Thanks for any insight, Dave

Approved Answer

Reply to: Specifying Signer of Document

0 votes
Hi Dave, Welcome to OneSpan Sign! If you had a worst case(all signatures have to be signed) and a best case(each signer only need to sign one of document 1 or 2), to specify each signer to sign which document, you can perform the "add-delete" approach.(add all placeholder signatures at beginning, and loop through one document and remove all signatures for one signer by below API) DELETE /api/packages/{packageId}/documents/{documentId}/approvals/{signatureId}/ Because there's no direct API to specify signer of document(document visibility doesn't work in this case) or bulk remove all signatures for one signer in one document. Hope this could help! Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

Reply to: Specifying Signer of Document

0 votes
Thank Duo, this should be enough to get it working for the use cases we need. I appreciate you taking the time to answer the question. Thanks, Dave

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off