Ryan_Coleman

Completed Transaction Check?

0 votes
Guys, I've ran across a feature that I cannot seem to test and would love to get some clarification on this. If I have a signer who has 3 documents to sign. They sign two of the documents and refuse to sign the last document. We then remove the document from the package. When we look back in OneSpan, the transaction shows complete. Now my question is this. When we remove the document and the transaction shows complete, does OS trigger the callback event that is tied to our callback url so that our system knows the transaction has been completed?

Approved Answer

Reply to: Completed Transaction Check?

0 votes
Hey Ryan, I tried the exact workflow as you mentioned, and I can successfully receive the callback. It looks like once the package status got changed, it will trigger the event no matter how the package get completed. (for example, workflows like bulk sign for all signers or mark complete by application will also trigger the package complete event) Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

0 votes
That's really good to know. If for some reason the system doesn't mark it as complete, is there a way to force it to completed status? Say if we remove a document and all others are signed, can we force status to go to completed?

0 votes
Hey Ryan, Below is the "mark complete" API: HTTP Request
PUT /api/packages/{packageId}
HTTP Headers
Accept: application/json
Content-Type: application/json
Authorization: Basic api_key
Request Payload
{
   "status": "COMPLETED"
}
And trying to complete a transaction containing unsigned approvals will return below error message:
{
    "code": 400,
    "messageKey": "error.validation.completePackage.pendingApprovals",
    "name": "Validation Error",
    "message": "The package cannot be completed as all required signatures are not signed."
}
Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off