Scotth7a9

Notification Response

0 votes

When we send a Notification to a signer using the Notifications API and the response is "200" or "OK" what does that exactly signify? Does it mean that the email was sent from OneSpan? Or only that the information we sent in the API call matched the record on the OneSpan sign and an email will be attempted to be sent? Would we have a way to know if the email was actually sent successfully? We are working from the Salesforce environment.

Reply to: Notification Response

0 votes

Hi Scott,

I'm afraid the 200 is just a confirmation from API layer, and means an email will be attempted to be sent - I tried to notify a non-existing email and still receives 200, so not very likely an email has been successfully delivered.

To be notified email delivery failure, there's a callback event "Email bounce", which typically triggered by OOTO reply, or wrong email domain/username. Salesforce connector handles some of the callbacks already, like package creation or activate/deactivate, but I doubt it includes email bouncing - there's a way to add a "Event Notification" tab to your console which lists all recent notifications, but from my test, email bounce is not monitored.

Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

Reply to: Notification Response

0 votes

Thank you for the reply.

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off