chris-josongmail-com

Package creation takes too long [~25sec] - how to optimize?

0 votes
We have simple 9-page document that we use for transaction for single signer. The pdf is 700KB with no custom fields and just 1 signer defined. However, the call to just this statement
eslClient.createPackage()
takes around 20 - 25 seconds. This is being used for agreement signing via a web portal, and 25sec is just too long for the user to wait, which typically are mistaken that the process just got stuck. Would like to check what happens during this call and if I can get guidance on what can be optimized to improve the user experience.

Reply to: Package creation takes too long [~25sec] - how to optimize?

0 votes
This includes the loading of the signing session? Or is this just the createPackage() portion?

- Michael

Director, Partner and Developer Technologies, OneSpan

Facebook - Twitter - LinkedIn

0 votes
It was just the eslClient.createPackage() statement. The call to createSessionToken() was

0 votes
Hi Michael, just a follow-up, I've also tried the sample test project that comes with eSignLive SDK and just swapped-out the test document there with my pdf, and it's also taking that much time (around 23-25 seconds) for just the createPackage() statement to complete.

0 votes
Okay. I just didn't know if that counted the createPackage and the load time for the signing session to actually be displayed in the portal. Is this against sandbox, production, or both? Unfortunately with performance issues you'll likely have to go through [email protected]. I don't know your process, so I don't know what to suggest as far as breaking it up to see if any of those long waits can be minimized. For example, if the end-user has to do more than just click a button, like fill a form or something, you could create the package first and then add other items later (add signers, documents, etc). If you have this opportunity, it could help break things up. Another thing could be if any documents in the package are static, you could try using a template to see if that reduces any delay times.

- Michael

Director, Partner and Developer Technologies, OneSpan

Facebook - Twitter - LinkedIn

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off