gyurko

Changing the Expiration Date after a Customer has signed but before we Sign

0 votes
We would like to give the customer 15 days to sign the Document but then after they have signed to reset the Expiration Date to 90 days for us to counter-sign. In our business, the signature for a customer signifies that we will begin building the Fiber from our location to the customer site. The process involves site surveys and cost estimates to determine whether the price on the service provided is accurate. We have already committed to the customer that we will provide Service by having them agree to our terms of Service. The counter-signature is more of a formality than a necessary part of the contract. In my Sandbox testing, when the customer has signed, it appears that the package has been locked down and I am not able to update the Expiration date of the Package. Even though, the expiration date of the package just signifies how long the Package will be "live" on E-Signature. Is there any way around this? eslClient.ChangePackageStatusToDraft(ESignId); The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. HTTP PUT on URI https://sandbox.esignlive.com/api/packages/ESIGNID. Optional details: {"messageKey":"error.validation.cannotChangePackageStatus","message":"Cannot change package status.","code":400,"name":"Validation Error"} DocumentPackage packageToUpdate = PackageBuilder.NewPackageNamed(GetPackages.Results[i].Name) .ExpiresOn(DateTime.Now.AddDays(90)) .Build(); eslClient.UpdatePackage(ESignId, packageToUpdate); Gerry

Reply to: Changing the Expiration Date after a Customer has signed but before we Sign

0 votes
Hi Gerry, Your workflow is working fine for me. Can you share a package id for which you get the error above?
Haris Haidary OneSpan Technical Consultant

Reply to: Changing the Expiration Date after a Customer has signed but before we Sign

0 votes
Thank you for the quick turnaround on the response. As it turns out I was trying to update the Expiration Date on a COMPLETED Package and not a Package in SENT Status. I haven't tested it but I am sure it will work without a hitch. I am hoping to take my Development LIVE in a week and it is good to know that I can get quick answers to my questions. When this process becomes available to 200 Account Reps, they will inevitably do things I never would think to do. They will also ask for additional functionality that I haven't yet considered.

0 votes
Ah yes. Completed packages cannot be changed to draft. They can only be archived or deleted. We usually do our best to answer forum posts within the same day. The latest you can expect an answer is the next business day.
Haris Haidary OneSpan Technical Consultant

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off