ChrisBrown

Questions about flow of accessibility enabled signing sessions

0 votes
Good Morning, I am currently in the process of making modifications to exsiting signing ceremonies in order to use the WithAda() Flag and make the documents readable by software such as the JAWS reader. In the process of converting these over and after some initial testing, i have some questions about the flow. From what I have gathered from the ceremonies that I have switched to accessability enable using the WithAda() flag, the eSign software will now display a link on the top right to "Enable Accessability Mode". It seems that a user wanting to use reader software would need to know to click that link. The documents with a simple accept button at the bottom, such as the concent document, seem to work ok at this point, but documents with specific click to sign areas do not. It seems to me that documents where a signature is required in a specific spot, there is no way to accept this document on the accessibility enabled screen and the user must then know they have to turn accessability mode back off and then click the signature. This is further compounded by the fact that the header of the document, even in accessibility mode, still displays "Please review and sign this Document by scrolling and clicking on the "Click to Sign" or "Click to Initial" boxes. " even though those boxes do not exist. One of the processes that i am converting to using ADA has multiple documents with multiple places for signatures and it seems the only way to get through these is to, turn on accessibility mode, read it, turn off accessibility mode, click to add signature, and then repeat each of those steps for every page (in this case 5 pages) I showed this to one of the stakeholders of this process and they asked me if this was the only way it worked, to which i didnt know for sure. so my questions are as follows: Can you confirm that the use of accessibility mode does make this process compliant to WCAG 2.0 Level AA? Are there additional steps that need to be done in order to make my flow compliant? for instance, is the expectation that a compliant document only needs accepting and not a signature placement? Are there additional flags that need to be set? or other settings needed in BackOffice? Is the flow above truly the correct flow or am i missing something? Is it possible to get the signatures to be accepted in the accessibility mode so the user does not have to flip back and forth? Is it possible to have the document heading different on the accessibility mode page so it doent cause user confusion? perhaps allowing the user know that in order to get to the next page they have to turn accessilibity back off? Thank you for your time.

Approved Answer

Reply to: Questions about flow of accessibility enabled signing sessions

0 votes
Hi Chris, Sorry about the confusions. From my knowledge, in order to create an accessible PDF and package, here's the flow: #1. prepare an accessible PDF: You can first tag all text contents. And then for Signatures Fields, you need to use a Signature Form and leaving them a form name to match your package metadata. For other fields like Text Fields and Signing Date, etc, you simply use a Text Field Form and also give them a form name. (as attachment 1 shows) You can refer to this documentation for detailed information. #2. create your package programmatically First, enable Ada at package setting Then for signatures and fields, set EnableExtraction() for your document and for each field, and set Id and Name the same value as your PDF form name. This is the document JSON I used for sample pdf:
{
   "documents":[
      {
         "approvals":[
            {
               "role":"f49567c8-e366-49ee-b8e2-38ff121382a3",
               "id":"SIGNATURE1",
               "fields":[
                  {
                     "binding":"{approval.signed}",
                     "id":"DATE",
                     "subtype":"LABEL",
                     "extract":true,
                     "value":"yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss z",
                     "name":"DATE",
                     "type":"INPUT"
                  },
                  {
                     "id":"NAME",
                     "subtype":"TEXTFIELD",
                     "value":"",
                     "name":"NAME",
                     "type":"INPUT"
                  },
                  {
                     "id":"SIGNATURE1",
                     "subtype":"FULLNAME",
                     "value":"",
                     "name":"SIGNATURE1",
                     "type":"SIGNATURE"
                  }
               ],
               "name":"SIGNATURE1"
            }
         ],
         "tagged":true,
         "name":"TestDocu_ADA"
      }
   ]
}
You can refer to this document page for more information. #3. During Signing Ceremony Attachment 2 shows you how ADA/non-ADA modes look like. Text Fields and Signature boxes should be converted to components which can be recognized by screen reader software. Hope this could help! Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

Attachments
1-10-3.png45.66 KB
1-10-4.png45.57 KB

0 votes
Thank you for the response. I am now going to look into trying to implement what you have stated. I do have two challenges in this. The application i am updating was made using the Silanis.ESL.dll that allows for use of dotnet objects rather than working with the API directly. all the example provided are assuming the direct connection to the API. I have spent a little time trying to find the equavelent methods provided by this dll to add the fields you mentioned, but i am not seeing them. It will probably take me awhile to convert over from one to the other while retaining existing functionality. which i will have to do prior to attempting any of the suggested changes. Second, I am not the person who creates the PDFs and need to coordinate with this indivudal. Basically, ill likely need to come back to this thread after some time rather than immediatly. Thank you again.

0 votes
Hi Chris, Please try this code snippet which was applied to the sample PDF above. And BTW, it was using the Position Extraction to match the PDF form's name to document metadata/object as you can observe from this sample code, guide here. Hope this could help! Duo

0 votes
+attachment

Attachments

0 votes
Thank you very much. I was able to get the button to place a signature on the accessability mode screen using the pdf you supplied. Unfortunately, it does seem that the templates being used by my process, while tagged to allow ADA mode, do not do signatures the way they need to be done by this process, however that is my problem and not yours.

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off