Ryan_Coleman | Posts: 258

Using the Designer API call on existing transactions

0 votes
Guys, Is it possible to use the designer on a transaction that has already been created and populated with documents? I am looking at this api call and it doesn't seem to be working. https://developer.esignlive.com/guides/feature-guides/designer/ When I go in and create a blank transaction, I can then hit the same API call and get the designer to open up.

Duo_Liang | Posts: 3776

Reply to: Using the Designer API call on existing transactions

0 votes
Hi Ryan, To open up the designer page, your package needs to be in DRAFT status. Do you want to have a review of document contents or you actually want to design? Could you tell more about your use case? Duo

0 votes
Duo, The use case just really depends. Right now we are trying to see if we can just open up the document in an review view and there might be a time when we will need to set it up to enter in a edit mode. From what you're saying, if I put it in DRAFT mode, I can then edit the document through the designer view. Is there a good way to just bring it up in a review mode other than getting the signer auth token and then going directly into that transaction?

0 votes
Hi Ryan, If you are interested in building a review page for document contents like OSS web portal does (as the attachment shows), it's possible that you received the flattened document page images from server side and render the page yourself. For Designer Page, it's customizable to make it uneditable, but this is in account level setting not every time you opened it. Duo

Attachments
2-18-2.png128.68 KB

0 votes
Duo, I'd love to know the work flow for getting the image that you posted. I tried these steps below and only received a the document but without the signature blocks. 1. Put package back in sent mode 2. Hit the API GET /packages/{packageId}/documents/{documentId}/pdf?flatten=true Did I miss a step in there?

0 votes
Hi Ryan, Unfortunately, there's no direct API retrieving flattened document with signature blocks. A more practical way to do so (also how the web portal does) is: #1. retrieve flattened images of each page without signatures:
GET /api/packages/{packageId}/documents/{documentId}/pages/{pageNumber}
#2. build your own logic and render the signature blocks according to package JSON (type, size, position of your fields) at your front end. Duo

0 votes
Hi Ryan, In OneSpan Sign, here's a concept called designer profile which might help you in this case. This feature allows you to define different designer customization and to build different designer links calling out different profile settings at the same time. So you can have a separate uneditable designer page for reviewing purpose and have a editable version for your admin users. Refer to Designer Guide for more information about how to set and customize designer profile. It's easy to integrate with designer since the page has already been well built by OSS, but the defect as mentioned above is, designer page can only been accessed when package was in DRAFT status. But since you are using notary/in-person signing, so I guess it would be acceptable by your workflow. Or as I posted above, you can download the flattened document images and render the signature blocks by yourself. This approach requires you to build the preview page yourself but there's no limitation on package status. For this solution, I've built a simple demo for you following the two steps above. If you are interested in this, I can share the source code and screenshots in this thread. Hope this could help! Duo

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off