Ryan_Coleman

Signature Capture Image Requirements

0 votes
So I am trying to upload an image to the signature capture section, handdrawn value, and I am having an issue with one file. When I upload the file and view it in the Admin section, it shows just a solid black line and not the full image like I expect. Are there any certain requirements like image size or whatnot that would be causing this issue?

Approved Answer

Reply to: Signature Capture Image Requirements

0 votes
Hi Ryan, According to our discussion in private thread, I think the reason causing the short output is the background color of your uploaded image. It seems that in the .Net dll code, it can’t recognize transparent background, and once I opened and re-saved it in Windows Paint Application, the background color becomes white and everything works fine afterwards. Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

0 votes
Hi Ryan, Could you share the image to [email protected] if it doesn't contains sensitive information? When you convert the image to base64 string (I assume you were using the .Net dll I shared to you in previous thread), there'll be a threshold value for RGB average determining whether to draw the pixel, which could be a reason in your case. Duo

0 votes
Duo, Thanks for the help on this. Changing the color to a solid white did make a difference.

0 votes
Hi Ryan, Always glad to help! I've modified the dll code I sent you in previous thread. Here, few more steps are added in order to fit the size limitation(898 * 238 && using Silanis.ESL.SDK; var code = new ImageConverter().convertImage("your_file_path", 128); Hope this could help! Duo

Attachments

0 votes
That is awesome, thank you!

0 votes
I've tested for more than 20 signature and stamps. Please feel free to try the code and feedback to me if the code doesn't work on specific cases. Duo

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off