amine_desjardins

Problem with SSO for signer's authentication

0 votes

SSO PROBLEM, I explain the problem to you :

in the code, the method that causes the error is (createPackageOneStep) in line : packageId = eslClient.createPackageOneStep(documentPackage); knowing that (documentPackage) contains all the information related to the demand, including the signatories.

What is causing this error?

It’s the type of authentication of the signatory:

1. If documentPackage contains a signatory who authenticates by SMS (or even questionnaire) :

"signers":[{"delivery":{"email":false},"id":"Externe1","auth":{"challenges":[{"question":"+15554443333"}],"scheme":"SMS"},"email":"[email protected]","firstName":"Myname","knowledgeBasedAuthentication":null,"title":"","company":"","lastName":"Mylast"}]

In this case our demand passes without problems

1. If documentPackage contains a signatory who authenticates in SSO :

"signers":[{"delivery":{"email":false},"id":"Externe1","auth":{"scheme":"SSO"},"email":"[email protected]","firstName":"Myname","knowledgeBasedAuthentication":null,"title":"","company":"","lastName":"Mylast"}]

In this case there is an error that is generated in the DEV environment : Could not create a new package in one-step Exception: HTTP POST on URI https://proxy-esignlive.dev.....com/api/packages resulted in response with status code: [404, Not Found]. Optional details: {"technical":"Could not retrieve the transaction summary for transaction uid:","messageKey":"error.validation.packageDoesNotExist","message":"The specified package does not exist.","code":404,"name":"Resource Not Found"}

Note: Locally with unit tests, the line “eslClient.createPackageOneStep (documentPackage);" Does not generate any error when setting the SSO authentication type.

Reply to: Problem with SSO for signer's authentication

1 votes

Hi Amine,

In a nutshell, I can reproduce the same error in SaaS environment:

Working Scenarios:

From UI, I can add a signer and toggle signer authentication as SSO without problem.

From SDK or API, if I follow the separate steps: create a package, add signer with SSO authentication, then upload documents and do the designs, it works.

Error Scenario:
From SDK or API, the same JSON payload that works above hits the same error as you provided.

So I believe it's an API level issue (versus SDK issue) that caused this 404 error. If you preferred, I can create a support ticket on your behalf and explained all our findings.

Also, I have few questions:

(1)The dev environment which gives you error "https://proxy-esignlive.dev.desjardins.com/", is it a reverse proxy? Which environment it points to? SaaS or your on-premise environment?

(2)you mentioned it worked with locally unit test, which environment the unit test points to, and which version if it was on-premise deployment?

Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

0 votes

Hi Amine,

I tested with the latest SDK (11.33) and the latest SaaS environment (11.33) but still experienced the same error. So I am afraid it's still an existing issue. I would like to create a support ticket on your behalf so that we can escalate to R&D team if my assumption is true. 

Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

0 votes

Thank you Duo_Liang.

Yes I would like a ticket to be open to resolve this problem. There is a malfunction somewhere in the API.

Thank you

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off