Scenario 7. PSD2 Rule
The scenario showcases PSD2 Trust & Exemption. Beneficiaries that are not yet trusted are challenged; beneficiaries that are already trusted are not challenged.
Scenario actor: Glenn GOULD
About this scenario - requests
The scenario consists of eight requests that are sent to Risk Analytics. In the first two requests (RA_0700.a. and RA_0700.b.), Glenn GOULD successfully logs in to her banking application.
Glenn GOULD proceeds with trusting beneficiary Teddy TANGO in request RA_0701.a. to avoid being challenged on each monetary transfer to him.
Glenn GOULD continues with a number of monetary transfers. The first transaction request RA_0702.a. to Teddy TANGO proceeds unchallenged. A second request RA_0702.b. to Ursula ULESKI gets challenged (response code: Challenge, Response = 2) as she is not a trusted beneficiary. A third request RA_0702.c. to Teddy TANGO again proceeds unchallenged.
Glenn GOULD then removes Teddy TANGO as a trusted beneficiary in request RA_0703.a., resulting in the next transaction request RA_0703.b. to Teddy TANGO to be challenged as well (response code: Challenge, Response = 2).
To analyse the rules triggered and alerts raised for the scenario, log on to Risk Analytics Presentation Service and navigate to SUPERVISE & INVESTIGATE > My Alerts.
There are no alerts for PSD2 rules. This is intentional.
Walkthrough: Verify related request of the event type and corresponding values
To verify the request related to an event type and the corresponding values, follow these steps:
Verify related request of the event type and corresponding values
- Navigate to SUPERVISE & INVESTIGATE > Risk & Relationship management.
- In the navigation pane on the left, in Search Customers By > Relationship, enter Glenn GOULD in the Relationship Reference field.
- Click SEARCH.
Glenn GOULD is now displayed in the updated Customer portfolio panel.
- Select the Glenn GOULD name link to display the customer details and events related to Glenn GOULD.
- Sort the Events table by newest date/time (Date column, descending) and filter the Matches column on RA_07.
- The Type column shows to which event type the request is related (NewBeneficiaryAttempt, RemoveBeneficiaryAttempt, and ExternalTransfer).
- The Response column includes the value 2 (= CHALLENGE) for no exemption cases, and 0 (= ACCEPT) for exemption of trusted beneficiaries.