CConverse_lm

Getting an exception using FULL_NAME + INITIALS signature styles in one document

0 votes
I am using the Java SDK version 10.10.1 I am creating a package with one document. There is one Signer. This signer has a FULLNAME signature and an INITIALS signature. This is the sequence of my code: 1. Call to EslClient.createPackage() succeeds. 2. Use EslClient.getPackage using the package id that was returned from createPackage. 3. Make some settings changes to the package. 4. Call to EslClient.updatePackage which fails with this exception: com.silanis.esl.sdk.EslException: It is not allowed to use acceptance signature styles and other signature styles together in one document. at com.silanis.esl.sdk.EslClient.validateMixingSignatureAndAcceptance(EslClient.java:289) at com.silanis.esl.sdk.EslClient.validateSignatures(EslClient.java:276) at com.silanis.esl.sdk.EslClient.updatePackage(EslClient.java:231) I have added some debugging that checks the Signature styles in the package before calling createPackage() and after getPackage(). Before calling createPackage() the Signature styles are: FULL_NAME INITIALS After calling getPackage() the Signature styles are: ACCEPTANCE INITIALS

Reply to: Getting an exception using FULL_NAME + INITIALS signature styles in one document

0 votes
What are the changes that you are trying to make in step 3 that are failing?

- Michael

Director, Partner and Developer Technologies, OneSpan

Facebook - Twitter - LinkedIn

Reply to: Getting an exception using FULL_NAME + INITIALS signature styles in one document

0 votes
The settings changes (step 3) are not the issue. I can remove all of the code between the getPackage and UpdatePackage calls and still get the exception. The issue appears to be that the Signature Style for the signature that was set to FULL_NAME in createPackage is changed to ACCEPTENCE, either as part of the createPackage process or part of the getPackage process. Here is mycode the has the calls to create and get package and also lists the Signature styles before createPackage and after getPackage.
    	System.out.println("List Signature Style for Documents in Package before calling CreatePackage()");
    	listSignatureStylesForDocuments(pkg);

System.out.println("Call CreatePackage()");
	    packageId = eslClient.createPackage( pkg );

System.out.println("Call getPackage()");
	    DocumentPackage createdPackage = eslClient.getPackage(packageId);

System.out.println("List Signature Style for Documents in Package from calling getPackage()");
    	listSignatureStylesForDocuments(createdPackage);

System.out.println("Update the package with changes.");
        eslClient.updatePackage(packageId, createdPackage);
--------------------------------
	void listSignatureStylesForDocuments(DocumentPackage pkg)
	{
    	int docNumber = 1;
	    for(Document document : pkg.getDocuments()) 
	    {
	    	System.out.println("  > Document # " + docNumber + " (" + document.getName() + ") Signatures:");

for (Signature signature : document.getSignatures()) 
    		{
    			System.out.println("Signature id:" + signature.getId() + " Style: " + signature.getStyle());
    		}
	    	docNumber++;
	    }
	}
The output looks like this: List Signature Style for Documents in Package before calling CreatePackage() > Document # 1 (Application) Signatures: Signature id:null Style: FULL_NAME Signature id:null Style: INITIALS Call CreatePackage() Call getPackage() List Signature Style for Documents in Package from calling getPackage() > Document # 1 (Electronic Disclosures and Signatures Consent) Signatures: > Document # 2 (Application) Signatures: Signature id:zHloZyW9nBIB Style: ACCEPTANCE Signature id:n30t2WCfno0V Style: INITIALS Update the package with changes. com.silanis.esl.sdk.EslException: It is not allowed to use acceptance signature styles and other signature styles together in one document. at com.silanis.esl.sdk.EslClient.validateMixingSignatureAndAcceptance(EslClient.java:289) at com.silanis.esl.sdk.EslClient.validateSignatures(EslClient.java:276) at com.silanis.esl.sdk.EslClient.updatePackage(EslClient.java:231)

0 votes
As per the error message:
com.silanis.esl.sdk.EslException: It is not allowed to use acceptance signature styles and other signature styles together in one document.
In other words, in eSignLive you are not allowed to have signatures of type "acceptance" and of type "initials/fullname/capture" on the same document. Once you've put a signature of type "acceptance" on a document, it is considered a consent document and can only be accepted and not signed.
Haris Haidary OneSpan Technical Consultant

0 votes
Thank you for your reply. My issue is that I am not setting the Signature Style to Acceptance. I am setting the Signature style of one of the signatures to FULL_NAME . It is getting changed to ACCEPTANCE somewhere in the SDK code. The other signature on the document is the INITIALS style, and that style is not getting changed. I am looking for what is triggering the change from the FULL_NAME Signature Style to Acceptance Signature Style, so I can stop that behavior. I also have a test case that has 5 documents, none of them have an Acceptance Signature and all of the FULL_NAME signatures in every document are changed to ACCEPTANCE. Is there a setting that would cause that kind of change in bulk for a Package?

0 votes
Have you tried downloading the latest SDK to see if you have the same issue? I have a copy of 10.10.1 that I can try this out with, but it might be quickest if you can try downloading the latest SDK to see if it works.

- Michael

0 votes
I just tried with the 10.10.1 SDK that I have and did not experience the same issue. Could you send me the code you're using for all of this to [email protected]? Thanks! I build my document package with a FULLNAME signature and an INITIALS signature. I check the signature types and get: FULL_NAME INITIALS I then call "createPackage" and then get the package with the packageId and the signature type check again returns: FULL_NAME INITIALS

- Michael

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off