rgraber

Document Extraction--unclear how to name fields

0 votes
Document Extraction doc. All of my subdocuments have among others three fields: A signature field that needs to be captured. A date field that should be auto-entered. In some cases, a printed name field that I want filled automatically with the Name given to the relevant placeholder. The instructions are unclear as to how this should be handled. Can you help?

Reply to: Document Extraction--unclear how to name fields

0 votes
Hey rgraber, Sure thing. If you look at the guide for this: Document Extraction Guide You will see an image with a sample document with sample fields labeled in it. For the Signer's signature, you will see that it is a Capture signature and it is named [Signer1.Capture1]. What this is, is [{RoleId}.{SignatureType}{SignatureIndexForRole}]. So, if this was the second signature for the RoleId of Signer1, you'd use [Signer1.Capture2]. The other "signature" types besides "Capture" are "Fullname" and "Initials" with Fullname being a click-to-sign type signature. If you look at the top left field in that image, it's labeled [Signer1.Capture1.label1.Name]. This can be broken down as [{Signature the field is bound to}.label{labelIndexForSignature}.Name}. So, if you were to also bind a Name label to the second signature described above, you'd have [Signer1.Capture2.label1.Name]. The date is exactly the same as the Name field, except you'd use Date instead of Name. You can see the full documentation on this, here: http://docs.e-signlive.com/doku.php?id=esl:e-signlive_guide-working_with_documents&_ga=2.119071305.1163550444.1500251934-1412022178.1497909625#document_extraction Hopefully this helps this make a little more sense. Let me know if you still have questions!

- Michael

Director, Partner and Developer Technologies, OneSpan

Facebook - Twitter - LinkedIn

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off