nhill40

Document locks upon signature

0 votes
I have a question related to some custom fields that we are using in one of our documents we're planning to send through eSignLive for the signature process. At the bottom of the document, we have three fields (in this order from left-to-right): > > > When presented with a document laid out like this, I think the vast majority of users are going to: (1) Type their name into the "Applicant Name" field (2) Click the "Signature" box and complete the signature process After step 2, the default behavior for eSignLive is to consider the document complete (for that user, at least) - i.e. the document will be locked down from the standpoint of disallowing the user to make any additional changes (like filling out the "Title" field in our case). This actually makes a lot of sense - if eSignLive didn't behave this way (i.e. considering a captured signature the completed event), there would have to be some sort of other user gesture to indicate that the document was complete...but, at the same time, this somewhat undercuts our business users' desire to do some simple data collection at the time of signing - so, my ultimate question is whether this default behavior can be altered in any way? Thanks! Nick

Reply to: Document locks upon signature

0 votes
Hi Nick, Unfortunately, the behavior cannot be changed. What I can suggest is to use field validators to make the Applicant Name and Title textfield required. This way, the signer is forced to enter a value for both before signing. https://developer.esignlive.com/guides/feature-guides/field-validators/
Haris Haidary OneSpan Technical Consultant

Reply to: Document locks upon signature

0 votes
Ah, good advice - thank you!

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off