pardeep

The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

0 votes
int the call to CreatePackage when calling the eSign rest api , we get 500 error from the server. EslServerException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. HTTP POST on URI https://sandbox.e-signlive.ca/api/packages/o6Qqzj2LSQVcL28SnOxjUNKx-oE=/documents. Optional details: {"code":500,"messageKey":"error.internal.default","technical":"name cannot be null or empty","message":"Unexpected error. I have attached a JSON dump of the request to the eSign api. Any thoughts? thx.

Reply to: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

0 votes
Hi Pardeep, .json extension files are not permitted for upload as attachments. Can you zip the json payload and upload it again? Thanks
Haris Haidary OneSpan Technical Consultant

0 votes
Hi Haris , zip attachment wont work. so Im linking to a gist here https://gist.github.com/pchahal/3692df86b72fa172fe875251853abff3 thx for getting back to me.

0 votes
There seems to be an issue with our developer site. Sorry for that. Can you send it to [email protected] and I'll have a look. Thanks,

0 votes
thanks Haris I sent an email to the developer email. Par.

0 votes
Hi pardeep, Is this the actual payload going to esignlive? Looking at it quickly, there seems to be a lot of mistakes in the payload, such as the auto-capitalization of each key, invalid values (HAND_DRAWN) etc... I've also looked at your account and it seems that you were able to complete some packages. You can simple do a GET https://sandbox.e-signlive.ca/api/packages/{packageId} and look at the structure of the json payload you need to build.

0 votes
We are actually using the .NET sdk, i just extracted the json to upload to this forum. Is there another way to capture the data we send to eSign.

0 votes
You can use a tool like Fiddler to monitor the requests going out to eSignLive. Can you send me the document to [email protected] as well so I can run some tests. Thanks

0 votes
Hi Haris, The problem still persists, it seems this is happing accross our web apps, we have not changed anything on our side in the request. We have a company account with thirdstream.ca can you verify if this is the case as there any other info you need from me. thx. Par.

0 votes
Pardeep, Are you trying to upload a signed document to esignlive? Because the pdf you sent me was a secured signed pdf.

0 votes
I would also suggest upgrading your .NET SDK to the latest version if you haven't done so already. https://docs.esignlive.com/content/c_integrator_s_guide/sdk/a_introduction/getting_started_with_sdks.htm#eSignLive_.NET_SDKs

0 votes
Haris, Ok it looks like the upgrade for sdk from 10.6.20 to 11.12 fixed it, in case any one else has simalar issues. thx for your help. Par.

0 votes
Glad to hear it :)

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off