A template Templates enable you to predefine recipients, documents, and signature fields. Reusing templates enables you to automate future transactions. You can also define Layouts, which enable you to save and reuse prepared documents. enables you to predefine signers, documents, and Signature Fields for future use. Thus templates can help you to automate future transactions.
The rest of this section discusses:
To view existing templates:
- Click the Templates menu option. The Templates page displays all templates created by you. This page has the following columns:
- Template Name: Displays the template's name. If you want to view a particular template, click <Name of Template>.
- Documents: Displays a list of the template's documents. This list reflects the order in which the documents are to be signed.
- Created Date: Displays the date when a transaction was created.
- Last Activity: The date on which the template was last modified
- Expiry Date: Displays the date when the template will expire (provided the template's expiry was configured for a specific date). Once the template has expired, it will no longer be available for signing.
To copy all templates and layouts from one account to another, see our Code Share site.
To create a template:
- Click New Template at the top of the Templates page. The Create New Template page appears.
- Configure the following fields on that page:
- Name: Type a unique name for the new template. This is a required field.
- Enter a description: Type an optional description of the new template.
- Use Template: This is a drop-down list of all templates created by you, plus all shared templates created by other users on your account. If you want to use one of those templates as a basis for your new template, select it from this list.
- Share template: This is a toggle switch that determines if your new template will be available to other users on your account. By default, this switch is off.
- Settings: Clicking this field displays the following optional settings:
Setting Usage Language The language in which the transaction will appear Timezone The time zone used to display all dates on the transaction's signed documents Enforce document accessibility Enabling this option will automatically extract fields Review before completion Enables you to review the transaction and all its signed documents after all signers have signed, but before you complete the transaction. Ad-hoc Cobrowsing Allows you to create a co-browsing session between Signer and Sender. Signer Cobrowsing Allows the Signer to create Help requests for a co-browsing session between Signer and Sender. Email Reminders Configures email reminders that will be sent automatically to all the recipients of a transaction who have not yet signed. For more information, see Managing Transaction Reminders. Expiration
Specifies when the transaction or template will expire. Once it has expired, it will no longer be available for signing. The expiration time can be specified either as a future date (e.g., 01/18/2020) or as a time interval (e.g., 20 calendar days after the transaction or template was created). If a user specifies that the transaction is to expire after a certain number of days, the date the transaction will expire is displayed to the user. Whether the default format is "date-based" or "time-based" is configured at the account level.
If you do not want this transaction to expire, select the Unlimited Expiration checkbox.
Uploads The maximum number of files per attachment Field Formatting The Font Size option specifies the font size that will be used for the text in a field when the parent document is printed. The options are: (1) a specific font size; (2) Auto-fit (which will scale the text to fill its input box).
For all the above settings except Email Reminders, the value that initially appears is automatically set to the default value that has been specified for the sender's account. That default value can be changed only by contacting our Support Team.
- Click Create.
To see how to apply an existing template, see Creating a Transaction.
To delete one or more templates:
- Select their check boxes on the Templates page.
- Click the trash icon on the upper right.