- Intelligent Adaptive Authentication Authentication solution which combines fraud detection and authentication orchestration. Serves to protect against account takeover fraud by combining multi-factor authentication (MFA) with risk analysis including machine learning for accurate fraud prevention in real time.
- Mobile Security Suite A suite of SDKs to natively integrate mobile authentication, mobile application security, and e-signatures.
This use case scenario is initiated from the Bill Payment screen.
About this scenario
This scenario assumes that an unauthorized person poses as your bank and asks you to test your online account. They provide instructions to transfer a high amount of money to an unknown bank account.
This scenario demonstrates how high-risk user behavior will require additional authentication steps to verify and protect your account.
Before you begin
Ensure that you have completed the following use case scenarios:
- Use case scenario: User information capture page
- Use case scenario: Onboarding
- Use case scenario: Login without step-up authentication
Walkthrough: Bill payment to unknown recipient
Bill payment to unknown recipient
- On the Bill Payment screen of your app, tap New Bill Payment.
Select Bank of El Dorado from the list.
This is the fake account you are instructed to use by the bank impostor.
- Tap the empty amount field to open the Payment Quick Select list.
Select Pre-pay Amount $ 5000.00 and tap Submit Payment.
A progress indicator is displayed during risk evaluation and authentication by Intelligent Adaptive Authentication.
Tap the progress indicator dialog to continue.
Because the payee is new and the amount is high, authentication via facial recognition is required.
After successful facial recognition, the transaction is still declined due to the combination of an unknown payee and a high amount of money to transfer.
Tap OK to return to the Balances screen.