This topic provides a general overview of what you can expect to see when you prepare a transaction for electronic signing. This page assumes you have already created the transaction and are preparing the documents to be included in the transaction. For more detailed instructions on how to create the transaction, manage documents and recipients, and configure additional transaction settings, see Creating a Transaction.
This section describes the following aspects of the Prepare Transaction page:
If a transaction is screen-reader accessible, the Prepare Transaction page will be read-only. That is, no one can: (1) add, modify or remove signatures or fields; (2) specify the documents as Accept Only; (3) apply layouts to the documents.
Click NEW TRANSACTION to begin preparing a transaction with the necessary settings and documents. The following options are available next to the transaction name at the top of the Prepare Transaction page:
- Save Layout — Opens the Save Current Document Layout dialog box. This enables you to save the current document layout for later reuse. Multiple layouts can be saved for each document.
- Apply Layout — Opens the Apply Layout dialog box. This enables you to apply an existing layout to the current document.
- Send to Sign — Sends the transaction to all its recipients so they can begin the Signer Experience. This button is disabled if no signature fields exist on the document.
The Designer section of the Prepare Transaction page displays a preview of a transaction's documents, and enables you to add, modify, or remove signature fields in each document.
To add a signature field to a document, click the name of the recipient for whom you want to add the field.
The Recipients section of the Prepare Transaction page enables you to: (1) view the existing recipients in the current transaction or template; (2) add new recipients; (3) select a recipient for whom you want to add signature fields.
To add a recipient to the transaction, click the + sign next to RECIPIENTS. This opens the Add Recipient dialog box, which has four tabs: General, Authentication, Advanced, and Attachments.
The Accept Only option opens the Acceptors for <Document> dialog box, which enables you to specify recipients who will be invited to "accept" this document during the Signer Experience. Configuring a document as Accept Only removes all the signature fields it contains.
The Fields section of the Prepare Transaction page displays a list of fields that can be added to a document. The most commonly used fields are always visible, while others are hidden in a collapsible list. To view the hidden fields, click Show. To hide them again, click Collapse.
The Documents section of the Prepare Transaction page enables you to: (1) view the documents in the current transaction or template; (2) add new documents; (3) select a document for the addition of signature fields. To view your documents as thumbnails, click the Grid View icon. To view them as a list, click the List View icon.
Selecting a document activates and highlights it in the list. You can select only one document at a time. With your document selected, click Edit to edit the document's name, or click Delete to delete the document from the transaction.
To add a document to the current transaction, click the + sign next to DOCUMENTS. This opens your Operating System's file browser. Use that browser to select the document you want to add.
File Size Constraints
- The maximum size of a single document is 16 MB. Smaller documents yield better performance — we recommend under 5 MB per document.
- If your organization uses Salesforce or Microsoft SharePoint connectors, the file size maximum is 5 MB per document.
- If your organization uses Salesforce connectors, the maximum number of documents that can be added to a transaction is ten (10).
- If you enable email delivery while configuring a recipient, attachments larger than 5 MB are not supported.
File Name Constraints
- Document file names should not contain any of the following comma-separated characters: *, /, \, :, <, >, |, ?, ".
- A document's name cannot contain the string esigned.
General File Constraints
- Do not upload password-protected or corrupted documents. These will generate an error.
- OneSpan strongly recommends that you scan a PDF for syntax errors (e.g., by using Adobe's Preflight tool), and resolve any errors before you add the document to a transaction.
- PDFs with the NeedAppearances flag set to true are not currently supported.