Super Account Owner

0 votes

Is there any talk about creating a Super account that can manage a number of Account Owner Accounts instead of having support move a user from one account to another as well have the admin for the account owner delegate access. 

Reply to: Super Account Owner

0 votes

Hi Lori,

I think this idea is very close to the Sub-accounts feature, which enables an organization to create child accounts within the organization's master account on the basis of its departments, geographical locations, or lines of business.

By assigning Roles to specific sender, you have the control over if a user will have Sender role (or any other out-of-the-box or customized role) under certain subaccount, therefore no need having support move users across accounts.

Within each subaccount, you can still leverage the Delegate Access to grant admin the access to delegatee's dashboard.

However, it's important to be aware that Subaccount feature temporary doesn't support integrations. If you are leveraging the feature like using account owner's API Key to send/download/manage packages on behalf of senders, turning on Roles & Permissions and Subacccount feature might break your existing integration.

Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

Reply to:

0 votes

Hi Duo I'm looking at having myself as a delegate for all the accounts if that's what you mean by setting up sub-accounts then how to I get that feature?  I want to be the Master Account with approx. 8-9 sub-accounts so I can perform Admin functions on any of them.   Is that possible?

Thanks

Reply to:

0 votes

Hi Lori,

Could you briefly elaborate what these Admin functions could include? How's the currently experience accommodate these requirements (except you have to log in as separate account owners)? Are you specifying delegation now (e.g. to manage or download ongoing transactions)? - This is because enabling Subaccount feature won't directly give you delegate access to all senders, you'd still follow the current practice within each subaccount. 

Duo

Reply to: Super Account Owner

0 votes

I myself would want to manage these accounts, so I would add users and delete users without having to get my email addresses moved from one account to another. Because we use SSO I can even get a bunch of generic email addresses added to use as the manager role on each account. 

Thanks

Lori

Reply to:

0 votes

Hi Lori,

I see, subaccount feature should be supposed to mitigate this pain point. However, I was told subaccount feature is still under review and considering your accounts have enabled (sender) SSO, I definitely won't think you could directly turn on the feature in your production environment.

Please contact our support team ([email protected]) and evaluate if subaccount feature could be applied to your scenario.

Duo

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off