The Roles page enables you to manage the Roles associated with your account. This functionality is available to Admins (or to any role that has the appropriate permissions).
To access the Roles page:
- From the Navigation Bar click the Admin drop-down and select Roles.
The Roles page displays the following columns:
- Role Name: Displays a list of all roles associated with the account.
- Description: Provides a brief description of each role.
- Status: Displays the role's current account status, such as Enabled or Disabled. A role that is disabled cannot be added to a User.
From the Roles page you can perform the following actions. Note that some of these actions can be performed only on the roles that you added to the account.
OneSpan Sign supports three predefined roles that cannot be modified (Manager, Admin, Sender). It also supports an unlimited number of customized roles. Note that the Admin of a Master Account can create customized roles at that top account level, and have them automatically propagated to all that account’s sub-accounts — such “global roles” spare Admins from having to create the same role repeatedly at multiple levels. On the Roles page: (1) a globe icon appears next to a global role ; (2) a globe icon with a superimposed lock appears next to a predefined role; (3) no icon appears next to a customized local role.
To search for a Role associated with your account:
- Click Search, and enter the Role's name.
To add a new Role to your account:
- Click Add, and type the Role's name and description. You can also define whether or not the role is to be immediately enabled.
- Click Add Permissions. A list of all possible permissions appears.
- Select all Permissions you would like to add to the role.
- Click Add.
Click Add Permissions. A list of all permissions appears. Use this page to assign permissions to your role. The following permissions can be applied.
To see which permissions have been assigned to a particular role, select the role. A Role Details pane will slide out, providing additional information on the role you have selected, including a list of all permissions that have been assigned to the role.
Note the following:
- Depending on which features have been enabled on your account, not all of these permissions may appear.
- No user can change their own permissions.
- Sender Admin
- Event Notification — This permission enables a Sender to view their account's Event Notifications interface. Integrators can use this interface to request an automatic notification of events that concern the account.
- Custom Fields — This permission enables a Sender to create and manage Custom Fields.
- Subscription account billing details — This permission enables a Sender to view the Subscription page, which contains billing details for their account.
- Reports — This permission enables a Sender to view the Account Summary Report page, which can create reports that contain data about their account for specified past intervals of time.
- User Management — This permission enables a Sender to manage the users associated with their account.
- Roles — This permission enables a Sender to manage the roles associated with their account.
- Security Settings — This permission enables a Sender to specify a password policy for their account.
- Customization — This permission enables a Sender to re-brand the New Signer Experience in several powerful ways.
- Notary — This permission enables a Sender to enable the e-Notary feature on a notary’s account. This feature enables the notary to e-sign and notarize documents in a “notarized transaction”.
- API Access — This permission enables a Sender to allow customers to communicate with OneSpan Sign from within their own system via REST API calls.
- Data Management — This permission enables a Sender to specify how long transactions in various states will be retained on OneSpan Sign's servers.
- Sub Account Management — This permission enables a Sender to create and customize sub-accounts on their account.
- In Person Signing — This permission enables a Sender to use the In-Person signing feature on a transaction.
Group Signing Management (Sender UI Email Groups) — This permission enables an Account Owner or Manager to manage Groups on their account.
- Templates and Layouts
- Transaction — This permission enables a signer to create, view and edit transactions.
- Change Signer Option — This permission enables a signer to delegate their signing responsibilities to another person.
- Transaction visibility for delegates — This permission enables a delegate to see all the transactions on the account they have been delegated to manage.
Roles that have been added to an account can be temporarily disabled by selecting the Role and then clicking Disable. To re-enable the role simply click Enable.
To delete a Role from an account select the Role and then click Delete.