- Intelligent Adaptive Authentication Authentication solution which combines fraud detection and authentication orchestration. Serves to protect against account takeover fraud by combining multi-factor authentication (MFA) with risk analysis including machine learning for accurate fraud prevention in real time.
- Mobile Security Suite A suite of SDKs to natively integrate mobile authentication, mobile application security, and e-signatures.
This use case occurs on the Personal Banking Account page (via Bill pay app).
About this scenario
This scenario is an advanced demonstration showing what is possible with Risk Analytics Presentation Service and how to set up rules. By default, the sandbox environments do not have rules created for this scenario.
Before you begin
Before you can begin this scenario, you need to create the required rules in Risk Analytics.
Creating new rules in Risk Analytics
- Log in to the Risk Analytics Presentation Service, via https://sdb.tid.onespan.cloud/irm.
- Select DESIGN RULES & ACTIONS > Rule Management.
- Navigate to the non-monetary events in the Rules list, i.e. Non Mon Events, and locate the Adaptive Authentication campaign.
Click the Create Division icon to add a new division to the Adaptive Authentication campaign.
Creating a new division
- Complete the new division form and click Save.
- Select the new division and click Create Rule to add a new rule to the division.
Complete the new rule form and click Save & Next.
Creating a new rule
In the Create History Criteria tab, select No for Create a new History Criteria.
Creating a new rule - no new history criteria
In the Create Match Criteria tab, select No for Create a new Match Critieria.
Creating a new rule - no new match criteria
In the Create Action tab, select Alert Category Placement in the Action Type list and
Beneficiary Management Alertsin the Alert Category Placement list and click Save & Next.
Creating a new rule - create action
In the Create Response / Status tab, select ChallengeFingerprint from the Set Value list and click Save Response / Status.
Creating a new rule - create response/status
- Click Save.
- Select the new division and click Toggle Division to enable it.
- Select the new rule and click Toggle Rule to enable it.
For more information about Risk Analytics Presentation Service and how to create rules, see Risk Analytics Presentation Service Admin Guides.
Walkthrough: Adding new bill pay recipient
Adding new bill pay recipient
- Access the Bill Pay application via the Personal Banking site (Payments tab).
- Click Add a New Recipient.
- Type an account name and an account number and click Create.
Scan the Cronto image or respond to the push notification message on your mobile device.
The mobile application displays the transaction details (what you see is what you sign).
- On the mobile device, tap Yes to approve the transaction.
Use your fingerprint scanner to authenticate.
The mobile application will prompt you to do so based on the rule previously configured and used by Risk Analytics.
After successful fingerprint scanning, the mobile application generates a dynamic linking PSD2 requirement. For electronic remote payment transactions, payment service providers must apply strong customer authentication that includes elements which dynamically link the transaction to a specific amount and a specific payee, i.e. the payer must be made aware of the amount and recipient when they authenticate a payment. code that is sent in the background to the Intelligent Adaptive Authentication solution for verification.
The results of the transaction are added to the transaction list.