- Intelligent Adaptive Authentication Authentication solution which combines fraud detection and authentication orchestration. Serves to protect against account takeover fraud by combining multi-factor authentication (MFA) with risk analysis including machine learning for accurate fraud prevention in real time.
- Mobile Security Suite A suite of SDKs to natively integrate mobile authentication, mobile application security, and e-signatures.
This use case occurs on the Personal Banking Account page (via Bill pay app).
About this scenario
This scenario is based on the default Risk Analytics transaction rules defined, triggering at different transaction value amounts:
- 0–100. Push notification only, no PIN or other verification required.
- 101–4999. Fingerprint touch ID required.
- 5000–100000. Face recognition required.
If any authentication option is not available on the mobile device, the mobile device will default to using a PIN. This can be disabled in production environments.
You can inspect and modify these rules in the Risk Analytics Presentation Service via DESIGN RULES & ACTIONS > Rule Management > Rules > Transactions, e.g. Adaptive Authentication Web Payments (Medium) > Challenged TXN (High).
Walkthrough: Creating a new bill pay step-up transaction
This section contains the walkthrough to conclude the scenario.
Creating a new bill pay step-up transaction
- Access the Bill Pay application via the Personal Banking site (Payments tab).
- Click Create New Payment.
- Select a recipient from the Select Recipient list.
- Type an payment amount.
- Select the currency from the currency list.
- Click Create.
Scan the Cronto image or respond to the push notification message on your mobile device.
The mobile application displays the transaction details (what you see is what you sign).
- On the mobile device, tap Yes to approve the transaction.
If required, use your fingerprint scanner to authenticate.
The mobile application will prompt you to do so based on the rule previously configured and used by Risk Analytics and the transaction amount specified.
If the transaction value is higher than $100, authentication via fingerprint touch ID is required - a push notification message with the corresponding request will be sent to your mobile phone.