Use case scenario: Risk-based authentication for non-monetary events
- Intelligent Adaptive Authentication Authentication solution which combines fraud detection and authentication orchestration. Serves to protect against account takeover fraud by combining multi-factor authentication (MFA) with risk analysis including machine learning for accurate fraud prevention in real time.
- Mobile Security Suite A suite of SDKs to natively integrate mobile authentication, mobile application security, and e-signatures.
This use case is initiated
- from the Personal Banking Account page, when switching between banking apps (Details, Transfers, Payments)
- from the Business Banking Account page, when viewing transaction details
About this scenario
This scenario demonstrates how various non-monetary and non-authentication events trigger a call to Risk Analytics to assess the risk involved in the corresponding user action. The following actions lead to risk assessment:
- switching between personal banking apps
- viewing personal account details
- viewing business transaction details
When you perform an action that triggers risk assessment, you will see a pop-up showing a progress bar. This pop-up is for demonstration purposes, to explicitly indicate that Intelligent Adaptive Authentication is performing risk verification. You will probably not see such progress indicators in real-world applications.
After completing this scenario, you can continue with Use case scenario: Adding new bill pay recipient.