The Security Settings page enables Admins to specify a password policy for their account.
To specify a password policy for your account:
- Specify the Minimum number of days before a password can be changed. The possible values are integers between 0 (default) and 365.
- Specify the Number of passwords the system will store in history. The possible values are integers between 0 and 30.
- Specify the Days until password expires. The possible values are integers between 0 (default = never expires) and 365. Once a password expires, it must be changed.
- If you wish, toggle the Enable password expiry notification switch ON. Then you can optionally change the values of the following parameters:
- First notification will be sent days prior to password expiry (7 or 14)
- Number of notifications prior to expiry (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5)
- Specify the Minimum password length (in characters). The possible values are integers between 0 and 100.
- Select which of the following four rules you want all passwords to satisfy:
- One or more uppercase characters
- One or more lowercase characters
- One or more numbers
- One or more of these special characters (~ ! @ # $ % ^ & *)