Creating an Accessible Transaction or Template
To map the form fields in an added document to OneSpan Sign fields associated with a recipient:
- Create a transaction or create a template.
- On the pop-up screen, open the SETTINGS section and slide the Enable screen reader accessibility toggle switch to On.
- Click Create.
- Click ADD DOCUMENT. In the dialog box that appears, select a document to be added to the transaction or template. This document must be an ADA-Accessible PDF.
- If the document contains Form Fields (e.g., check boxes, radio buttons), the Field Import dialog box appears.
- Click START IMPORT. The Define Recipients page appears.
- Add all of the recipients or placeholders needed for your transaction or template.
- Click NEXT. The Import & Link Signatures page appears.
- Click ADD SIGNATURE. A Signature drop-down menu appears, containing a list of all the document's signatures.
- From the Signature drop-down menu, select a signature. That signature will be linked to the recipient.
- A Signature Type drop-down menu appears. Use it to select one of the first three following options for your selected signature (you may or may not wish to select the fourth option):
- Click-to-Sign: The recipient's name is stamped on the signature field at the time of signing. This is the default signature type. We recommend it for signers who are blind, and for signers who have physical disabilities.
- Capture signature: The signer draws their signature using their mouse or another input device. The drawing of the signature is stamped on the signature field at the time of signing.
- Click-to-Initial: To sign this type, a signer simply clicks the block. The signer's initials are then stamped on the block.
- Is optional: By default, a signature field is required. However, you can make it optional by using this check box.
- Click NEXT. The Import & Link Fields page appears. This is where you can specify mappings to your document's fields (e.g., check boxes, radio buttons, text boxes).
- To begin mapping, click ADD FIELD. A Field drop-down menu appears, containing a list of all available Form Fields in your document. By default, a transaction's fields are optional. However, you can make them required by checking the Is required check box.
- Select a Form Field from the Field menu. A Field type drop-down menu appears, containing a list of all available OneSpan Sign fields.
- Custom fields
- Notary fields
- Date Picker
- Label fields
- Select a OneSpan Sign field from the Field type drop-down menu.
- Repeat the previous three steps for each Form Field you want to map.
- Click NEXT. A new page provides an overview of the mappings you have created.
- Review your mappings. When you are satisfied with them, click DONE. With these mappings completed, you can continue creating your transaction, or save your template for future use.
If optional signatures are enabled on your account, you may specify the selected signature as Optional. If that flag is set, the system will not oblige the recipient to sign all of their signatures inside the transaction's documents before completing the transaction.
Once the signer enables Accessibility Mode (as they must to sign accessibly), OneSpan Sign's software will offer verbal guidance on cursor placement. This could be especially helpful for the Capture signature method.
The following OneSpan Sign fields are not available:
Not mapping a Form Field could result in its not being accessible.